It’s the trinity of cake - now available in pocket version! Forget the famed trios: peanut-butter-jelly-bread and bacon-lettuce-tomato have a new rival. And this one’s going to be hard to beat
Ingredients (12-15 servings): 6 digestive biscuits, 4 cubes of dark chocolate, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, pinch of salt, 500 g Philadelphia cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sour cream, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
We’ll start off from the bottom up. Crush the biscuits in a plastic/aluminum foil sheet, with something heavy. A cat is not recommended as a crushing tool, but very much so as an ingredient for mental support during the violent task.
Melt the butter along with the chocolate in a little pot over a low flame - make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom (burns easily).
Throw in the biscuits, sugar and salt and stir well.
At the bottom of each muffin-pan/any other small baking utensil, spread out a spoonful of the cookie mass and press it to the bottom until it’s firm. Insert for 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 175’C.
Now we get to the second layer.
Beat cream cheese with sugar. Add one egg and the cream. Season with, of course, a dash of vanilla.
Fill each form with the cheesey mass, covering the chocolate-cookie layer.
Bake for about 25 minutes at 150’C. As soon as it’s out and finished cooling, place the mini-cakes in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set properly.
For the third and final layer - the cherries, ingredients: 200g frozen or fresh cherries, 50g sugar.
In a pot, heat the cherries with sugar for 10-20 minutes.
the key is to reduce the liquid into a thick sweet sauce, and soften the cherries. Don’t overcook them though - they are supposed to retain some of their tartness to play against the fluffy cheesecake and rich-sweet biscuit layer.
Beautiful. Just before serving, pour a few of the cherries on top of each mini cheesecake
Secret weapon? It’s in the contrast of the mellow and wild, the spicy and the mild. the heavy richness of the chocolate plays against the fluffy cheesecake-cloud floating on top. The tart cherries on top define the melodious cheesy cloud. Finally, the sugar and the salt in the base, like the acid and the sweetness of the toping, sandwich the fluff.
- healthybodyandfoodsdaily likes this
- lostinyeezusworld likes this
- hohohohoyee likes this
- justalittlebitlouderrr likes this
- screammynamewhileyoumasterbate likes this
- iluvcopshowsandglee16 likes this
- elislocketforever likes this
- eriebc likes this
- speedballsiren reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla and added:
- speedballsiren likes this
- booyoupoo likes this
- exploding-tastebuds reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla
- blacklungdisease likes this
- imnamedafteraplant likes this
- iamagrizzlynow reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla
- december1996 likes this
- noelia07s likes this
- davigustavo likes this
- natarisaru likes this
- jayelviray likes this
- thepunisher66 reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla
- thepunisher66 likes this
- the-rizz likes this
- fueledbycupcakes likes this
- awildklainerappeared reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla
- sleep-serenity reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla
- thoawkward likes this
- exanimoapril reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla
- bbrrong reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla
- photomichael likes this
- kampocyamuzutwo likes this
- larissayang reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla
- bout-teille reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla
- yourdinh reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla
- crazyawesomehair reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla
- crazyawesomehair likes this
- madelineannek likes this
- nnovember likes this
- twinklelondon likes this
- lol-lunaticsonline likes this
- imdn likes this
- ifuckinhateyall reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla
- mycoffeeremix reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla
- celllinn reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla
- hekareh likes this
- savetheritos likes this
- sweetcupcakees reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla
- miss-cuxy likes this
- evening2rain reblogged this from dash-of-vanilla